Archive

Pages

July Favorites

Another month and more stuff that I’m loving. 
Personal Highlights of this month include:

  • Graduation ball with my squad 
  • Upgrading to a new flat (flat tour to follow)
  • Finishing my last exam


Drink



I’ve always been a strictly spirit and mixer kind of girl. Even breaking way from vodka and lemonade rut and switching to margaritas (pretty much tequila and lemonade) I never ventured into new alcohol pastures.  

This all changed after grad ball.  After going an entire day without any fluids upon entering The Balmoral and being presented with a glass of prosecco, I didn't hesitate chugging that baby down. And surprisingly it wasn't terrible.  This month has allowed me to explore the wonderful world that is white wine aka. Rose, prosseco and champagne. What can I say? I am now a classy lady. If a very inebriated one. 





Books



I recently re-read Fallen Skies by Philippa Gregory. Set post- WW1 it details the life of Stephen Winters an upperclass gentlemen suffering from shell shock. He meets Lily a showgirl and against the wishes of his family marries her believing she can ‘cure’ him. 

Although the characters are pretty unlikeable to begin with, this story swiftly improves as the plot reaches its crescendo. Additionally there are two major twists that I for one did not expect. 




Films

Craig also made this appearance in Skins!

So I’ve recently gone on a Craig Roberts binge, mainly because: He starred in Submarine, possibly the most indie film ever, and I'm living the Tumblr life these days. The films in themselves weren’t amazing but Craig Roberts was a definite stand out. One to watch. 

The films ranked from best to worst were as follows:

1. Comes a Bright Day (co-starring a certain ginger grey’s anatomy doctor)
2. The Fundamentals of Caring (co-starring Selena Gomez who I would rate as  6/10 bland in this film)
3. Neighbors (co-starring Zac Efron’s body)




Music:




So I never was much of a rap or hip-hop fan barring Eminem, because let’s be honest who wasn’t on the Lose Yourself bandwagon (Mom’s spaghetti). My playlist recommendations are now full of these new genres  again in keeping with my more Tumblr aethestic. 


Drake: Too Good, One Dance, Controlla, Jumpman, For Free
Childish Gambio: Bonfire, 3005 (throwback), Sweatpants IV. Sweatpants
Shakka: Say Nada
Felix Snow feat. Ro Ransam: Lamb 

***


That’s all for now, because all the fun really starts in August! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com