Archive

Pages

What I Eat in a Day: HUNGOVER EDITION


During my time as a YouTuber subscriber and blog post devourer I see these posts time and time again. Usually the person has body goals, legs for days, abs of steel or is promoting some kind of fun restrictive diet. 



What I think I look like chilling after a night out. 
What I actually look like. 


What I look like at 3pm. RIP me. 


Regrettably aside from being a vegetarian (which is akin to being a carnivore these days #plantbased #ordie) I fit none of these criteria. My diet is terrible and to compensate for the lack of protein I tend to shovel in the carbs. 

However I LOVE looking at photos/GIFs/videos/films of tasty food. I live vicariously through other’s diets. And I’m just exceedingly nosy. 

For those who are curious, here’s what I eat when I’m craving the worst kind of food. HANGOVER FOOD. 



Stay hydrated my friends


Breakfast 6AM: Water or Milkshake 
I always wake up with a raging thirst. I fill a jug of water as cold as our kitchen sink can manage,  and hobble back to bed to sleep off the impending nausea. 

Occasionally I make the foolish choice and buy ice-cream the night before. I come home, try to eat the ice cream completely wasted, fall asleep mid-spoonful and end up with a Ben and Jerry’s milkshake all over my bonnie blonde hair. I wish I was making this up. It is a tragic sight to behold. 

***

Brunch 11AM:  Large Dominoes Pizza
Why so late I hear you ask? Well sadly and I have legitimate issues over this, Dominoes does not begin delivering till 11am. Although this is a travesty it does allow the time to let my flatmates and I recap our drunken escapades from the previous night. My pizza order is usually some varied veggie combination. Staples include: stuffed Crust, cheese, pineapple, sweet peppers,  and onions.  I rarely finish the entire pizza, but eat a solid 4.5 pieces (with garlic sauce OF COURSE). 



***

12:30PM : More water.
The pizza salt really kicks in and so does the raging thirst. 

***

Lunch 2PM: Cadbury's Fruit and Nut Chocolate
How to further counteract the sodium racing through my blood stream? With something teaming with sugar of course! And when it comes to over excess of sugar nothing beats DAIRY MILK.  



***


Snack 3PM: Black Coffee and more pizza
As young and free as I feel in the morning energy levels fade fast after a 4am bedtime and 6am rise. I chug a black coffee with Sweet and Low and snack on a slice of now cold and oh so slightly stale pizza.


***


Dinner 9-10PM: 2 Corn on the Cob
I end the day later than I should but with the food of the gods. I grill 2 cobs of corn for around 30 minutes at mediumish heat, rotating at the 15 minute mark. Before grilling I bathe the cobs in butter and liberally sprinkle salt and pepper. And when I say sprinkle, most would say drown. 


***


Looking back on this menu I would say:
  • Portion sizes not great. 
  • Sodium and sugar levels not great. 
  • Hydration levels over compensating af
  • BUT look at all the vegetables I managed to pack in!!

I would also like to add my skin really suffers after all this greasy food and I tend to break out the day after. However at the end of the day this food is undeniably delicious. As much as healthy alternatives could be introduced I have no desire to try and alter perfectly good food. Sorry not sorry. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com