Archive

Pages

Mental Health Week




I just wanted to write a quick post about a topic which is very close to my heart. October 10th was world mental health day!

Annually, one week in May the British Mental Health Foundation campaigns around a specific theme. This year's theme was anxiety. Personally having suffered from depression and anxiety this was a campaign that I wanted to highlight on this blog.

Telling others that you suffer from any mental health issue can be extremely daunting. Admitting to ill mental health is completely different to talking about a physical disease or injury. My depression is something I often avoid talking about. People’s reactions completely vary and are often worse if they have little experience or knowledge about mental health problems.

This campaign aims to educate and hopefully erase some of the stigma surrounding ill mental health. It’s really helpful to have resource to point to when trying to describe my own depression and ways people around me can help. 


You can check out http://www.mentalhealth.org.uk for more information on specific diseases and on ways you can help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com