Archive

Pages

5 Must-Do Summer Activities

Image Credit: fanpop.com

Usually around the end of August I get this horrible sinking feeling I’ve wasted the whole summer season. It’s as though I’ve spent 4 months procrastinating, promising myself I won’t let summer pass me by while it does just that. I either haven’t squeezed in enough activities or never fully appreciated the season at all.
However, this year, as September looms around the corner I don’t feel my usual dismay. Why? I made a list. A big list. It was full of all summer themed activities, and apart for some excessively optimistic ideas including building a tree house (we have one rotten tree in the garden) I managed to do a good 95% of the list.

Below are some of my favorites:

I wish this was me.
Yoga Outdoors
Also counts as exercise!

Professional Photo Shoot
Although they usually always make me cringe, I love looking back on my childhood studio photos. This year I got them done with friends in a totally laid-back, natural way. The pictures came out really well, and since we had them taken at target, very inexpensive!

Outdoor Picnic
Bonus points for bunting and tiered trays for the quintessential English feel.


Image Credit: glorioustreats.com

Bake an Ombre Cake
Despite their complex look they are so easy to make if somewhat time consuming! I used this recipe.

Attempt Celebrity Makeovers   
To be honest the less skill you have with makeup the more fun this activity is. We attempted (and failed spectacularly) with the vampires from Twilight and Kim Kardashian. 


Enjoy, and remember summer isn't over yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com