Archive

Pages

Listen: Summer Playlist

Image Credit: weheartit.com


When it comes to music my taste really varies. It spans all categories and all ages. Because of this I find it very difficult to define what type of music I actually like.  While I have some friends who are strictly top 40 or a slave to the 1980s my only rule is that I have to have some kind of emotional connection with the music. By that I don’t mean I have to reach some have some deep epiphany through the lyrics; I  just seem to be more drawn to songs that influence my mood or have some effect on what I’m doing or thinking about.

During summer I especially enjoy music that gives me that wistful nostalgic feeling. I think it’s a combination of sunshine, visiting family and old  friends and the stench of sun cream that brings it all back. Below are some new favorites that just seem to have a timeless quality and some oldies but goodies. Happy Listening!



Simple as this by Jake Bugg


Brand New Key by Melanie


The Celtic Soul Brothers by Dexy’s Midnight Runners


Wouldn’t It Be Nice by The Beach Boys 


Flashbacks by Ram Di Dam


Letter From America by The Proclaimers


No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com