Archive

Pages

23 Things that Make Me Happy


I live at extremes. Extremely happy,  hyper, hungry, hungover I’m not a particularly subtle person. However like anyone I do have my down days and those days are awful. 

So instead of curling up in my bed and crying over my dissertation I thought I’d make a list of everything that makes me really, truly happy. Something to reflect on when the Scottish days turn darker and the flat threatens me with frostbite (since tragically I am no longer in charge of the heating).  





When my dog Sage comes and curls up next to me on my bed without being asked.

When I haven't seen my friends in ages and we run up to each other and give each other those proper squeeze the life out of you hugs.


The kind of laughing that continues until I am weeping. This happened recently on a packed train. People started staring which made us laugh even harder. It was the best and the worst. 

When my friends and I are too cheap to go out for karaoke so sit on youtube and scream song lyric videos.

Opening the lid of a dominoes pizza box. 

Male cologne or deodorant, the right amount is the point where you're almost suffocating.

The smell of a summer barbecue. 

When I say something relatable and people get really excited and say OMG SAME.

When my Mum calls me Bethie or writes it in a text.                                                                                                      **Disclaimer: HATE when anyone else calls me this and Bethy-poo really needs to die a death.

This is so lame but I really like exiting the taxi on a night out. You're all dressed up and doing the celebrity modesty shimmy exit. You are a star!


Relatable dancing



The song Dancing in the Moonlight. It makes me half weepy, half a 1970’s interpretive dancer. 

When someone compliments me in person on something they saw on my social media.

When I gain a  follower I actually know  social media.
The made in chelsea theme song #banger. 

Playground ziplines. My dream home would have a room devoted to these. 

When all singers but especially men sing really earnestly and sort of high pitched. It’s like they’re kind of cry singing. 

Long dresses, the kind you have to hold up with one hand. 


Immaculate  handbags. Tidy handbag tidy mind. 

Drunkenly passing out in bed and finally feeling safe. 

Long-Haul airplane flights: the in flight movies, the regular drink refills, the proximity of the bathroom. Bliss. 

Drinking games. Always confusing, always end abruptly, always reveal too much. 


Any kind of Shrek reference.

Getting up ridiculously early. Like 4am early.

The music from Michael Flatley’s River Dance: Lord of the Dance.  



Skip to 2:31 to see the Lord of Dance himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com